It’s hard to imagine a day without breakfast. But, for many kids, it is an everyday occurrence. They wake up in the morning, and their only meal of the day is lunch or dinner. What they don’t know is that skipping breakfast can have serious consequences on both their physical and mental health throughout the rest of the day. So, this blog post will explain importance of breakfast for kids:
1) Kids need breakfast to supply the energy needed for a day’s work at school. When we wake up, our body is dehydrated and therefore requires water or fluid to get started. Breakfast provides fluids and hydration, which jumpstarts the body’s metabolism. Drinking milk is very important for the development of gross motor skills. If your child doesn’t like to drink plain milk its best to add hot drink powder that are easily available in the market like Horlicks for kids. You can add natural powders also like turmeric, but kids usually don’t like the taste, unlike these hot drink powders available today.
2) Breakfast is essential because it provides nutrients that will keep your child healthy and strong. Breakfast gives your child energy to play and concentrate throughout the day. A nutritious breakfast also ensures that children have all of their daily nutritional requirements met.
3) For kids, eating breakfast helps them do better academically and improves their concentration and memory. Eating a good breakfast has been shown to affect how well children perform in school, at work, or on the playing field. A study of kindergartners found that those who ate breakfast regularly did better on problem-solving tasks than those children who did not eat breakfast.
4) Eating breakfast can improve athletic performance in school-age children. A study of adolescents found that eating cereal for breakfast improved their reaction time to visual stimuli, which is likely to have a beneficial effect on their academic and athletic performance. The researchers believe that this may be due to the positive effects of the breakfast cereal on blood glucose levels, which are a factor in brain function.
5) Eating breakfast can help weight loss and weight control in children. Breakfast-eaters tend to eat less during the rest of the day than those who do not eat breakfast. Since snacking throughout the day can lead to weight gain, it is important for weight loss and maintenance that children eat a healthy breakfast.
6) It’s important for kids to eat breakfast because it reduces the risk of obesity. Proper nutrition is vital for growing children. You should ensure these Top 7 foods your kids should be eating every day. Studies from around the world have found that eating breakfast can help protect against childhood obesity. In a recent review of thirty-two studies, researchers found a positive association between eating breakfast and healthy body weight. These studies suggest that eating breakfast is associated with a lower total daily energy intake and healthier body weight.
The first meal of the day is not just important for adults but also for children. Breakfast provides energy to kick-start your metabolism and give you the boost you need to get through the morning. Eating breakfast can help kids do better in school too! Studies show that eating breakfast can improve attentiveness, memory, and math skills. Make sure your little ones eat breakfast every day by serving up these healthy breakfasts for kids!