This recipe comes from Lucas Lovelace, a Personal Chef in the San Francisco Bay Area and owner of LL Chef Services.
Butter Crusts are a great way to create a striking presentation, delicious flavor, and restaurant touch to a dish! They are very versatile, served with meat, fish, or even vegetables.
This recipe is a great model for all sorts of different versions!
- 4 Tablespoons Grass Fed Butter, Softened
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Made Pesto
- 1/2 teaspoon Redmond’s Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup Ian’s Gluten Free Panko
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients until combined
- Place butter mix in a gallon Ziploc freezer bag and roll until very thin. Place in freezer for 1 hr until very firm. After 1 hr, cut into desired shape or cut into a circle with a ring cutter.
- Cook meat like the lamb shown here, or fish, and let rest for five minutes. Meanwhile, turn broiler to high. Place cold portioned butter crust on top of protein, and place under the broiler until the crust is a beautiful golden brown. Enjoy!
About Lucas Lovelace
Lucas Lovelace began working restaurants at age 16, developing a passion for food before attending Le Cordon Bleu California Culinary Academy in San Francisco. He secured an extern position at the prestigious Restaurant Oceana in New York City which increased his exposure to world class chefs.
Lucas spent the next six years refining his craft in the culinary epicenter of the world, working for one, two, and three Michelin-star restaurants before helping to run the iconic Oak Room restaurant located at the Plaza Hotel.
Now back in the San Francisco Bay Area, Lucas has spent the last several years primarily working as a private chef for billionaires. “What I want to do is take that experience and bring it to everyone,” says Lucas.
In 2018, Lucas launched LL Chef Services, which seeks to recreate the restaurant experience within your home offering personal chef services for at-home dinner parties. Lucas and his team offer three, four, and five course dinner options as well as wine pairings, sommelier experiences, live painting, and cooking lessons. Learn more at https://llchefservices.com/.