Christmas Eve is all about Santa Claus, gifts, Christmas tree decorations and huge feast with family. Planning for Christmas starts a month earlier because the whole family is going to dine and enjoy together. It is the only day when all generations come on the dining table to enjoy time together.
The French enjoy their Christmas by staying awake the whole night. Their dinner is incomplete without foie gras. Foie gras is duck or goose fatty liver, which is considered a French speciality and a high-end delicacy. In olden days, French enjoyed goose foie gras, but with time the scarcity of goose made this meat extremely expensive. However, a delicacy has to be enjoyed during special events. Therefore, people switched to duck foie gras gradually.
In both cases, the rich, creamy, flavourful unsaturated fat is enjoyed either with bread, crackers or wine. Foie gras is now available in blocs, whole meat and pate (creamy sauce). Pate foie gras is enjoyed the most as its rich, velvety texture is perfect for a sauce, but health-conscious people also enjoyed it with a green salad.
Foie gras Gourmet is a leading company in foie gras. They deliver worldwide at an expected price. Their foie gras is free from preservatives, colourings, additives, as well as artificial flavours. They do business with small farmers who believe that quality is important than quantity because of which, their high-quality foie gras has received various awards. This year, order from Foie Gras Gourmet and enjoy foie gras and Christmas gathering safely at home.
24th December is the big day in France. Even if you’re home this year, various specialities have to be cooked to not forget our tradition –
- Foie gras is the most important dish in France. It is eaten with toast bread, gingerbread, crackers, snacks or wine.
- Smoked salmon is a favourite of every kid. It is placed on thin white bread slices or used in different other recipes.
- Scallops can be served in their shells, fry or sauté them and serve with a sauce or prepare them with orange cream sauce braised in honey.
- Serve chilled oysters on the bed of ice in a huge tray along with lemon wedge mignonette sauce that is made from chopped shallots, black pepper and red wine vinegar.
- Roasted turkey is a speciality of almost every country. To enhance the taste, you can serve them with side dishes that include chestnut, mashed potatoes, green beans and bacon.
- French love eating fish, like sole, bass, monkfish, or turbot, but prepared in a sophisticated manner.
- Buche de Noel is the only Christmas dessert that is prepared in every French house, which is in the shape of a wooden log with tiny figurines around it. You can also enjoy chocolate truffle, candies and fruits.
Finally, all festivals and celebrations are incomplete without champagne or wine. Due to COVID19, we might not have a big party, but nothing can spoil our celebration. Rush to a shopping mart and get all veggies and ingredients that are required to make a huge feast.